Surfaces and coatings
The degradation that occurs because of corrosion and other surface phenomena such as fouling and fouling is a problem that has consequences on the integrity, operation and aesthetics of materials and components. Sectors such as steelmaking, energy, chemical and petrochemical, infrastructure or transport, among others, are affected each year by the extra costs caused by these problems.
IDONIAL offers its experience to the industry to prevent, detect and analyze the different degradation problems that occur in metallic materials and their coatings, as well as propose viable solutions.
- Corrosion and material selection studies
- Failure analysis
- Superficial behavior in extreme conditions
- Studies of adequacy of service or comprehensive corrosion management
Manufacture of thin layers on different substrates by various deposition methods, either in the gas phase or in the wet phase. In addition, surface treatments are performed to modify or improve the properties of the substrate or coating. Mono- or multi-metal, semi-conductive and insulating layers are developed.
Líneas de actividad:
- Semi-conductive coatings for solar cells and modules: a-Si: H, mc-Si: H, tandem.
- Transparent conductive coatings for applications in optics, photonics, electronics, etc.
- Metal and carbon coatings for various applications of highly conductive or anti-corrosion layers.
- Dielectric coatings for photovoltaic solar cells.
- Hydrophobic coatings via sol-gel, PVD or CVD for self-cleaning, anti-wear or scratch applications.
- Biocidal sol-gel coatings for medical applications or micro-sensors.
We have a pilot plant for applying organic coatings specially designed for the development and optimization of new coatings on samples or coils, as well as for the analysis of the failure of existing products, simulating the industrial processes on a pilot scale.
Surfaces and coatings images
Metallic nanostructures (nanofibers, nanoparticles, etc.) and carbon (nanotubes, graphene, etc.) are produced with conductive and electromagnetic properties. All types of coatings and surfaces of various materials are characterized by extensive equipment (morphology, roughness, hardness, wear, conductivity, chemical analysis, transmittance, etc.).